In the wintertime, many use different means for heating their home, and many of those involve some type of fuel. However, if this is not done safely, it could cause harm to you and your family. It could even be lethal. The reason is that incomplete combustion of fuel generates a gas called carbon monoxide. It has no color or odor, which makes it difficult to detect, but at high concentrations, the gas could kill you in as little as 5 minutes.

Some of the symptoms that will manifest when you are exposed are nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, headache or fatigue.

It is important to have a CO alarm on each floor of your home, and this is especially so if you burn something indoors for heat.

If you do burn something, you have to make sure that the fire is properly ventilated to the outside, and that the chimney is clean, allowing the gas to flow well.

error: Content is protected !!