Most of us know that smoking is the leading cause of lung cancer, but did you know that in your home, you could be exposed to a gas that is the second most common cause of lung cancer? It is a gas called Radon. This gas can only be detected using specialized equipment, since it is odorless and colorless.

Since this gas comes up from underneath your foundation, you should take certain steps to prevent it from happening, such as sealing up any cracks you might have in your basement. If you have a serious problem, it might be that you will need to have pipes and a fan installed underneath your foundation to funnel the gas away from your home, thus preventing it from accumulating inside.

It is important to check for Radon whether buying or selling a home. If Radon is detected, mitigation might take some time and delay or even derail the purchase.

error: Content is protected !!