The health of your children is a major concern, and if you live in an older home, keeping them safe means ensuring that they are not exposed to lead. Lead used to be included in paint to make it more colorful and durable, but in the late seventies, it was discovered that it could lead to many different types of ill health effects. Children have a tendency to put things in their mouth, and if they were to do this with lead paint, it could be very harmful. Lead can damage your brain, nervous system, kidneys, blood cells and lead to birth defects.

It is safer not to try to clean up lead paint yourself, since disturbing it could release fine lead particles into the air, coming in through your respiratory system and into your bloodstream. There are businesses out there with the training and tools to do the work safely, and this will usually be the better option for your health, even if it costs you more.

error: Content is protected !!