Asbestos is a major health risk, and if your home is more than 70 years old, there is a chance you could have asbestos insulation. It could look somewhat like gray wool or small grayish pebbles with metal streaks. If you suspect that it could be asbestos, it is very important that you contact a professional to take care of the removal. Even though it could be tempting to save money by doing the removal yourself, there are many dangers with trying to do so. Asbestos fibers will be released when disturbing the insulation, and when inhaled, they can cause great damage to your respiratory system and possibly cause lung cancer.

Even if you wear protective equipment, you could easily track fibers throughout your house when removing the insulation and pose a health risk to you and your family.

Even if you suspect you have asbestos in your home, there is no need to panic. If left undisturbed, the asbestos fibers will not become airborne.

error: Content is protected !!